Where am I now?

in the City of Churches (inthecityofchurches.blogspot.com)

Check it!

ps. NZ photos coming soon! Watch this space!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

...and then there was one

It's the day before I fly out to Christchurch. I haven't done a lot over here, but that's ok; filling my days with activities didn't form part of my plans for Sydney.. I pretty much crashed out as soon as I arrived on Saturday night as I was still a bit hung over from the night before. Thanks to all who came out Friday, it meant a lot and it was great to see you all!
On Sunday there was a big Peace Dance Festival out at Sydney Park in the burbs. Dancing for 6 1/2 hours straight really takes it out of you! Good times. Dance, funk, techno, drum n bass,
and RnB were some of the genres covered across the 5 big stages. And what event wouldn't be complete without a huge inflatable ball to cause havoc among young and old? Every man and his dog was there.. Literally. A bit of a hippy vibe.. There was massage, "save the trees" lobbyists, meditation yoga, and plenty of love to go around.. Did I mention dancing?
Sunday night, I had my first dinner alone in a restaurant on the Darling Harbour. Plenty more of those to come I'm sure.. Back down to the Harbour later on that night with a German girl from my hostel, Judith (pronounced Yoodit), and we spoke about her travels. She even milked cows and made cheese near Interlaken in the alps of Switzerland, what a life!
So many Germans here in this hostel at the moment (maybe 85%). A whole group came over on Friday on a working holiday. Most will be doing fruit picking, meat packing, or farming in rural areas of NSW and the rest of Australia; a couple even in Bega, the home town of my friend Chanel.
The Blue Mountains were on the agenda for Monday. After a 2 hour train trip (I love the Sydney trains!) we arrived and the views were breathtaking! So serene and peaceful too (apart from the hoards of Japanese tourists..). It was here I met 2 American girls, who are over here studying (bludging, more like it) on the Gold Coast for 6 months. They were a laugh!
Today I am going down to Bondi with two Swedish guys from my dorm, Calle and Christian, soaking up some sun (boy has the weather been perfect the past couple of days here) before getting up at about 5 tomorrow!
I'm just trying to upload some images, but I don't think it's going to work before my time runs out.. Oh well, maybe next time...
Looking forward to tomorrow!

Photos:
1. Every man and his dog (the fluffy toy, silly)
2. The Blue Mountains against an even bluer sky

1 comment:

Julie's back home.... but had a fantastic time... said...

Glad to see learning all that French and Spanish came in handy with all the Germans.. :)
Thanks for ringing tonight - felt like a lifetime since we'd heard your voice!!
Enjoy, enjoy, enjoy...