Where am I now?

in the City of Churches (inthecityofchurches.blogspot.com)

Check it!

ps. NZ photos coming soon! Watch this space!

Thursday, September 14, 2006

The Plan (so far...)

So it's my last day of work today, and like most days in the last couple of weeks, I have absolutely nothing to do... So I thought I would post my first blog entry. Everyone has been wonderful here at Telstra, they've definitely nurtured my inner call-centre consultant, and shown me that there's so much more to satellite installations than installing satellites. I've met some great people here, who I'll miss and no doubt keep in touch with in the future. Sandy 2, you know what I'm talkin' 'bout :) But enough about work; definitely something I aim to do very little of for a while.
I'm pretty tired today, probably attributable to a lack of sleep, and (according to popular belief) my body winding down, ready for action on the NZ front. And ready for action I am!
Haven't packed yet, but that's what Fridays are for.

The Plan (first few weeks):
16/9 1350hr CST - Flying: Adelaide -> Sydney
Sydney: Finding my bearings, a little more research, chilling out and soaking up some rays (or rain, as the case may be according to the forcast) on the lovely Darling Harbour before flying out 4 days later.

20/9 0850hr EST - Flying: Sydney -> Christchurch
Christchurch: Finding my bearings again (damn things keep getting away from me) before heading out to see what Adelaide's younger, blonde sister city has to offer. I'll probably be cruising to the snow fields within a few weeks of my arrival to make the most of the dwindling winter season.
From here I'll be heading south using the ever popular inter-city coach transport system, most likely down the East coast through Dunedin and onto the most southern city of Invercargill. From there, Stewart Island sounds the go where I will be able to fulfil my life-long fantasy of frolicking amid hundreds of kiwis (the flightless birds of course) with an approximate ratio of 100 kiwis per human on the island.

I'll be living up to my promise in the blog-blurb and visiting the South Cape (just so I can say I've seen it all!). Once I am satisfied with Stewart Island, the only direction to go from there is North, which, funnily enough, is the direction I am planning to take, but with a much less certain travel path.
Plans to participate in extreme activities to follow...

DISCLAIMER: Travel Times, Dates, and Routes provided in this blog are to be used as a guide only and are subject to change.

See you all Friday night @ the Ex

...more details as they come to hand...

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Well, you've got it all worked out... I never mentioned my friend on the North Island yet, did I? I'm sure you'd be welcome to visit any time - she'd be right up your alley; mid-40s, four kids, practising Catholic... That would be some party!
Enjoy your trip, whipper-snapper.

Nana Gabe said...

Can you save 2 seats for us at your farewell, and if we are a bit late start without us.

Gabrielle tried to wish you all the best by SMS, but it seems there is no Telstra roaming in Costa Rica.

We will see you somewhere soon, even if it is only via a blog

Nicole S said...

Off, off and away!
Keep up the blogging, boy.

Julie's back home.... but had a fantastic time... said...

You've done it.. you're on your way luv.
Have a nice "quiet" (cough cough) few days in Sydney....

P.S. Lee and I didn't shed a tear (hmmm.. if you believe that, then you're a bit too gullible to be travelling on your lonesome)
- we did however go and drown our sorrows at IKEA with Ryan and Kate - It's not bad.. for a shop!

Adam and Eva said...

Sorry we missed your goodbye news takes a while to get to us here in Transylvania. Hope you have a cool trip, we look forward to reading all about it. Enjoy