Where am I now?

in the City of Churches (inthecityofchurches.blogspot.com)

Check it!

ps. NZ photos coming soon! Watch this space!

Sunday, February 04, 2007

...update

This morning at 0700hr, I drove Nic to the train station to catch the Overlander train. After a very decent last minute packing effort, a lot of stressing, selling her beloved Nigel (her car) for scrap, and a teary goodbye at the train station, she is now on her way to Auckland. The last 2 weeks have roused many emotions, in both of us, not the least being sadness. A sense of the exact opposite has also surfaced in that I did not expect to make a true friend on my travels here in Aotearoa. And a true friend she is - an absolute bloody legend... Keeping with traditional Aussie slanguage.
To clarify what has happened here... This whole decision for Nic to move came about essentially because our friendship was becoming quite strained. It's the classic case of spending just too much time together, and not really doing much with our spare time. I'm sure you can understand the disappointment I feel when realising that we could have most likely averted the whole issue by being sensible and spending more time as individuals. I guess this is simply another lesson that had to be learned. I definitely think this decision came at the right time, however, as we hadn't reached that point of no return where we hate each other, in fact we're not even close to that point which I'm very thankful for. We'll certainly be keeping in contact and I'll go up to visit sometime in the near future.

The past two weekends, we have gone out with a bunch of guys from our flat and had a blast! Last weekend was actually the first time we've all gone out together.. What have I been missing out on?! I guess I did have the excuse of trying to save money..
So the lease on this current flat runs out in 3 weeks time and after that I will need to find another room/flat to finish out my remaining days in Wellington. I have had offers from 3 of my flatties (Sash the Sri Lankan; Kelly the Aussie, and; Meenal the Fijian) to crash on their couch or in a spare room if I can't find a place immediately which is great. We'll see how it all goes, plus I might have the opportunity to extend my length of work for another month or so, who knows what's going to happen?!?

So that's current news up to date.

And what about this rumour? Well, sounds like most of you know about it anyway.. Word on the grapevine is that a B-grade celebrity will be gracing Adelaide with his presence over Lee's 21st weekend.


Photos:
1. Clockwise: Me, Kelly, Jason, Pip and Nic
2. Yannick (middle - remember the guys from down in Wanaka?) and I out with his mates
3. Give us a kiss, Love!
4. Kelly and Pip rippin' it up on the dancefloor
5. Sash, myself and Nic - clearly quite drunk
6. Look at those puppy eyes!!
7. Kelly and Nic

5 comments:

Julie's back home.... but had a fantastic time... said...

Whoops! my bad...

Nana Gabe said...

Rumour ! what rumour ?We knew you would come over. It will be my 53rd this sept. hope you will make it for that, if we are here then. Do I need to book you in advance?

Anonymous said...

Couldn't have put it better myself! :)

Nana Gabe said...

loved catching up with you for a few days. Lee and you are great kids .love to you .hope everything is sweet with you and you had a great flight.

Rachel said...

It was good to see you, young man, I hope you are all settled back into the land of sheep. I would like to ask a favour of you, could you please email me at my gmail address (feuerherdt is the username). Thanks!